Saturday, September 6, 2014

Baby Room Themes

I definitely want to do a neutral theme. Not because I am impatient, but because according to all of the money saving baby pins on pinterest make it abundantly clear that one of the main penny saving ideas is to have everything neutral.  Not only that but I really don't care for gender specific rooms.

However, there are a couple gender specific nurseries that I do happen to love.




Number One: Fabrics

I love this one because it would be the simplest, and easiest to do without need of paint or anything else, and it is easily removed from the wall. Best of all, super cheap. 
You can buy squares of different fabrics at walmart or any fabric store super cheap, and use burlap or some other cheap fabric to cut out the trunk of the tree. It also accommodates multiple colors, so that other objects we might be given wont clash. 



 #2: Hot Air Balloons

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this, and it isn't gender specific. I would want simple one color bedding, red and white splashes of color.



#3: Calvin and Hobbes

As most people know, I deeply love snoopy, and Charlie brown, and my first reaction was to make the room in snoopy. But then it didn't feel right. Snoopy is my passion. Of course I will have our child grow up watching them, but another great and amazing comic is that of Calvin and Hobbes. I also read and loved those as a child, and I would very much like to create this mural. I am confident that I can. If not this one than I might choose another. This is also gender neutral, bright,colorful and gives us the nice option of a simple white bedding that is easy to bleach clean. 
I am obviously not a big fan of patterned bedding. 




#4: Nautical

I really love this. I think it is brilliant. I love nautical things, and its much easier to find as a theme. I love the warm orange accents too, it keeps the blue from being too masculine. I love that this is a style that could be transformable, for a boy it could grow up to be a pirate room, and for a girl it could grow up to peachy coral colors, and mermaids. 


#5: Gender specific- Girl

I cannot resist these girly designs. If I am going to do femine, it will be something like this in a carnival syle. 
Plus I love love love the quilt.


#6: Harry Potter

Need I say more???





No comments:

Post a Comment